Julia Child’s 100th birthday was on Wednesday, but we are still celebrating. How could we not? She is worthy of a celebration everyday!
Here are five ways you can start living like Julia Child today:
1) Have a “what-the-hell” attitude—in and out of the kitchen. If Julia Child could afford to make some mistakes, so can you.
2) Don’t be afraid to mess up. Julia Child said, “[c]ooking is one failure after another, and that’s how you finally learn.” This applies to everything, not just cooking.
3) Lose the diet and enjoy your food because “[f]at gives things flavor”!
4) Live your life, and don’t get caught up worrying about whether or not people will remember you. Be you and of course you will be remembered. This was one of Julia’s mantras, as she said, “I don’t think about whether people will remember me or not. I’ve been an okay person. I’ve learned a lot. I’ve taught people a thing or two. That’s what’s important.”
5) Don’t fear career changes! Julia Child went from a copywriter to a researcher for the OSS (Office of Strategic Services) during World War II to master chef of French cuisine to a renowned TV personality.
Do you live by any other Julia Child-isms?
Source: Getty Images